A few minutes before the ball drops on that era we arbitrarily called 2011, ushering in the equally subjective 2012. To paraphrase the previously mentioned Scrooge,
What’s New Year’s but a time for finding yourself a year older, but not an hour wiser?
Here’s hoping we are all at least a year wiser twelve months from this date.
Now a partial list of other random dreams for 2012, some noble, some selfish, some downright trivial, in no particular order:
- A cure for MS.
- A return to sanity for the human race.
- A Patriots Super Bowl victory.
- Jobs for my unemployed friends, their friends, and your friends.
- A salary cap for MLB.
- More Jesus in me.
- Quality time on MV.
- Potable water for everyone on earth.
- Writing something of substance.
- For my children to be barbarians for Christ.
- A better Haiti.
- To take a risk.
- Better movies with fewer super heroes and special effects.
- “The Hobbit” (and it can have all the SFX it wants).
- More adventures with Nathaniel.
- God’s will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- A way to reverse nerve damage from MS.
- A visit to Haiti.
- All the dreams I want.
I know that last one is cheating, but heck, what’s dreaming for?
Happy New Year to you.