Yup, the world is ending… again. It was supposed to end on 5/21/11 according to Harold Camping. He amended that prediction to be October 21, 2011. That’s come and gone, too. (See the three posts I wrote on that fiasco.) Now it’s the Mayans turn. They say that Friday is the end of the line, finito, doomsday, no mas, the Big One, ball game, last stop, D-Day, fat lady singing, Final Destination whatever.
Here’s my contribution to the cause du jour (apologies to David Letterman): Top ten do’s and don’t’s in preparation for The End.
- Choose “credit” instead of “debit”.
- Hang the diet! Ice cream and pizza for every meal!
- Don’t buy any extended warranties.
- Eat dessert first.
- Don’t fill the tank all the way.
- Use up your vacation time.
- Start only short books.
- Don’t see the first episode of “The Hobbit“.
- Get advance copies of the Downton Abbey Season 3 DVD set.
- Make peace with your Maker.
I was serious about that last one. You never know when your world will end.
Bonus item for people with MS: Skip this week’s shot of Avonex.