If you’re in my family, you can also look forward to a week long celebration with kids, food, games, more food, some raking, then more games and food.
Thanksgiving is a holiday that we do right.
There’s no shortage of gratitude either. Family comes from far and wide to share this time. That’s reason enough for Thanksgiving, but I have a few more items on my list, as usual.
I’m forever grateful for…
- Book reviewers
- Little movies like Schultze Gets the Blues, The Sapphires, Unfinished Song, The Intouchables, and many more with no aliens, spies, or superheroes. They’re about people. (Remember people, Hollywood?)
- The 2013 World Series champion Red Sox. (Fear the Beard!)
- Angela’s Coal Fired Pizza
- Feeling better
- An invitation to the Academy Awards… sort of
- 1 down and 999 to go
- Natural ticker tape
- Visits and emails from the west coast, whether family or strangers
- Call blocking
- Dr. Bob
- Lazy man’s apple crisp
- Federal Hill
- Knocking the Cliff Walk off my chair list
- Jesus being Lord
- Beyond the final chapter
- E-Z Access ramp
- Hitting the top 5
- A self-healing TV
In truth, besides this cryptic 20, I have a longer list every day because it includes life and breath, friends and family, food and shelter, Coke and dark chips… If I wrote them all down all the time, I wouldn’t have time to enjoy them all!
May God bless you all this Thanksgiving with an overflowing flagon of gratitude.